Client Director -- Private Equity
Exciting opportunity to help lead the Luxembourg relationship with a well-known multi-strategy global alternative investment manager, and an client's Strategic Client while providing support to other key clients in Luxembourg.
The successful candidate will lead the delivery of all fund administration and accounting services for this global investment manager in Luxembourg, helping to oversee a highly skilled, and growing team of 15 colleagues. They will work closely with the group Client Relationship Lead, and other senior stakeholders to maintain and develop a strategic relationship plan that enables us to help meet the ambitious growth plans of this key client over the next 3-5 years while also providing support on other private equity clients.
Strategic relationship management, senior stakeholder management, and change management skills will be a key requirement for the successful candidate to ensure we maintain a high level of service quality while also continually enhancing our proposition and adding value to clients.
- Senior leadership of the Luxembourg relationships with certain group Strategic Clients, engaging at a c-suite level to understand their priorities, and growth plans.
- Act as manager / director for certain Luxembourg client entities.
- Lead, motivate, nurture and develop engaged employees in accordance with our client’s values
- Negotiate and maintain commercial client arrangements which balances their need for value with our need for a profitable recovery and a reasonable cash collection profile.
- Oversee performance against other financial and non-financial objectives for these group Strategic Clients, including the pro-active management of risk.
- Partner closely with peers and senior stakeholders across the group, including the group Client Relationship Leads, to strengthen the cross jurisdictional relationships and ensure close alignment / sharing of best practice.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify, pursue and deliver new products and services that add value to clients
- Work with marketing and business development to identify and successfully win new opportunities to work with group Strategic Clients across Luxembourg and the wider group, developing and implementing thought leadership that supports this goal.
- Active contribution to other local and group wide strategic initiatives and objectives
- Horizon scanning for new trends that may provide threats or opportunities
- Governance: Board member of Luxembourg entities to support client relationships
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- You’ll look on the bright side, always finding the opportunity. You’ll think big, but you’re also a doer driven to find the right solution. You know that the right solutions aren’t always the easy ones either, or you’re constantly curious, looking to find the best way.
- You’ll have considerable financial services knowledge and be well-versed in alternative funds industry.
- Specifically, we’re looking for a director, specialising in leadership of relationships with large alternative investment managers / financial services businesses, with experience in fund of funds / private equity or other similar areas of the alternative investment industry.
- Excellent strategic relationship builder. You build lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and intermediaries alike, and have proven ability to lead teams, plan strategically and implement cross jurisdictionally.
- You have the skills and desire to deliver exceptional client service.
- You use strong organisational abilities to meet deadlines, organise, prioritise and allocate resources effortlessly.
- Your excellent attention to detail ensures your leaders naturally follow suit, adhering to policies, procedures and complex regulatory requirements without fail.
- Commercially driven - to identify new opportunities for growth, and, partner with colleagues and clients to bring these to life.
- You have experience in the supporting the design and implementation of technology-based solutions that drive exceptional client service, excellent user experience and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving capabilities.
- People leadership and management: motivate, grow, select and augment the team to ensure the right mix of capabilities is available.
- BA/BSc in Business-related subject, MBA or equivalent desirable qualifications.
Specific Personal Qualities
- Builds open and trusting relationships
- Acts in the organisation’s best interests
- A focus on detail while being able to look at the big picture
- Organised and disciplined but able to cope with ambiguity
- Tendency to approach problems in a positive and constructive manner
- Works effectively using mutual influence across functions
- Capacity to spot issues and distil the important from the unimportant
- Highly pragmatic and action orientated
- Excellent ability to inspire and influence others
- Clear and grounded set of values that align to our client's Values
- Values the flexible and work life balance agenda