Director Real Estate
Key Experience and Ability
- Hands on management of complex real estate fund transactions, including liaising with service providers, tax advisers, Fund GP, Financing Parties, Internal parties including deal teams.
- Must have been intimately involved in the preparation / review of Waterfall calculations.
- Fast-thinking individual required with proven experience in working in a fast-moving environment. Ideally suited to someone who has worked with Funds in a hands on role either as a service provider (but demonstrating skills beyond simply servicing requirements) or as someone who has worked in a Fund environment directly with deal teams. Self-motivated, proactive; a sense of urgency; ability to work on one’s own with a high-level attention to detail. Strong organisation skills / initiative.
- The ideal candidate will speak German, English (and French) to a good business standard.
- The position reports directly to the Group CFO.
- Work within a small team effectively to ensure efficient use of time and resources
- Agree budgets and work within them to provide excellent results
- Anticipate technical and legal changes within Luxembourg and in the wider International environment(e.g. ATAD 2, FATCA, CRS, New PCNL, etc)
- Prepare for AIFM status in 2020
Proven ability in Accounting from A to Z:
- Understanding of Luxembourg financial instruments, from CPECs, through TPECs to Alphabet shares and beyond;
- Ability to account for the above instruments, particularly understanding mechanisms to release monies in a swift and tax effective manner on disposal of investments
- Preparation and review of interest calculations and distribution
- ability to manage service providers to a timescale and to a budget
- Review of quarterly accounting prepared by services providers under Lux and German GAAP
- Review of quarterly accounting under Lux GAAP produced internally
- Management of in-house team
- Oversight of bookkeeping (booking of invoices, bank statements, closing entries) in-house and outsourced
- Review of Luxembourg financial statements
- Filing of financial statements to the LBR (Luxembourg Business Register)
- Responsibility to ensure all deadlines met by the team, both internally and externally.
- Review and filing of Lux Corporate Income Tax returns
- Review of German Income Tax returns
- Review and filing of annual and periodical Lux VAT returns
- Review of German annual VAT returns
Corporate / Legal
- Acting as Manager of portfolio companies (incl. mandate of Manager)
- Preparation and holding of shareholders meetings
- Preparation and holding of board meetings
- Transactional: coordination, review and signature of agreements, financing documentation with the deal teams, lawyers and tax advisers.
- Preparation and review of shareholders’ and instruments’ registers
- Preparation and coordination of notary deeds and related documentation
- Ensure KYC collection to meet 3rd parties requirements (banks, notaries etc) and legal obligations (registers)
- Co-ordination of bank requests
- Filings to the LBR and the RBE (UBOs Register)
- Knowledge of AIFMD, ideally including experience of outsourcing to an external AIFM
- Management of AIFM provider
Day to day
- Payments follow up and signature (coordination of approval processes), cash monitoring
- Correspondence follow up
- Coordination with Lux and German teams
Strong written and spoken English and German is required, French is an asset
- Outlook, Microsoft office, BoB 50, Fista.
- Strong Excel skills are essential