Experienced Investment Funds Lawyer
- Taking instructions from clients;
- Drafting creatively, clearly and accurately, making use of precedents where appropriate;
- Research, due diligence and information management;
- Communicating and negotiating on behalf of client, leading where appropriate
- Building rapport and establishing credibility with client;
- Continually seeking to improve level of service to client.
- Demonstrating judgment in giving instructions to junior lawyers;
- Developing and participating in group projects and initiatives including marketing and know-how projects.
- Keeping up-to-date with client industry developments and their implications.
- Excellent technical and writing skills, including drafting and legal analysis;
- An ability to follow and synthesize legal and regulatory developments and issues;
- An ability to develop knowhow and training of practical and commercial application;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work as part of a team, sharing responsibilities with team members in a cross-border team, ensuring a seamless service for the practice;
- Energy and commitment, with a flexible and proactive approach;
- Self motivation, resilience and discipline;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to apply law and regulation in a practical way to “real-life” scenarios;
- Engaging speaker with the ability to deliver training clearly, precisely and at a level matched to that of the audience;
- Interest in learning and knowledge engagement;
- Interest in knowhow systems, technology and applications.
- Law degree with outstanding academic qualifications;
- European qualified lawyer.
- Has 6-8 years’ post qualification experience;
- Has experience of evaluating profitability of matters;
- Experience of presenting effective and successful beauty parades/pitches;
- Has experience of managing junior lawyers.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French, German and/or Luxembourgish would be an asset.
- Ability to leverage IT tools and resources to further the exchange of high-quality know how;
- Experience of client/business relationships.
This client is a law firm which specialises in advising the world’s leading companies, financial institutions and governments on their most challenging transactions and assignments. With offices in major business and financial centres, they deliver an outstanding service to clients anywhere in the world.
As a result of expansion and growth across the region, we are looking for a passionate, curious and driven Associate to be a part of their Investment Funds team. Reporting to the Counsel, you will be drafting and negotiating a wide range of structuring, formation, taxation and regulation of all types of investment funds for investment in all types of asset classes including alternative asset classes such as real estate, debt, derivatives and other alternative financial instruments, private equity, infrastructure and green energy type investments as well as more traditional asset classes.
- An attractive salary package;
- The opportunity to work for an ambitious international Firm where communication through feedback and innovative ideas are encouraged;
- Intellectually challenging and rewarding work within a multicultural environment where diversity and inclusion are celebrated;
- Benefit from a strong team with an excellent expertise in Luxembourg;
- Work in a friendly, motivated and determined environment;
- Top-quality training and career development opportunities.