Financial Reporting Accountant (Insurance Sector)
Core Purpose of the Role: Support the internal and external financial reporting
- Assist preparation of Board reporting including -
- Quarterly financial reports preparation for presentation to the Board
- Annual financial statements including all supporting documentation and playing a key role In supporting the external audit signoff process
- Support the transformation of the Controlling teams to achieve –
- Increased data quality in the ledgers to reduce manual intervention
- Process consistency and effectiveness across all branches
- Help drive the performance of the Finance Centre
- Build out ledger based management reporting capabilities, including
- Working with FP&A, Business Partners and Actuarial to drive internal and external reporting consistency, in particular around stat/GAAP reconciliation and underlying analytics
- Contribute to budget and forecast process to ensure consistency and accuracy across stat and GAAP bases
- Assist Solvency II reporting and Regulatory reporting
- Assist the preparation of local statutory returns across the region including communication to the local finance teams, outsourced professional service firm (EY) and the Finance Centre.
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager for External Audit (PWC), Actuarial, Risk and Tax teams for all financial reporting topics and issues
- Financial Acumen and Technical Skills: Strong background in financial reporting under IFRS and US GAAP. Experience in accounting policy implementation and,compliance, preparation of financial statements and performing analysis of the results. Knowledge of Lux GAAP and/or European GAAPs preferred.
- Analytical skills: Good analytical skills ability to review and analyse financial data and explain results. Ability to concisely communicate technical points and analytics to numerous stakeholders across varied locations
- Team Skills: Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure. Ability to deal with ambiguity and to perform as part of a team during periods of uncertainty and/or change.
- Possessing an execution oriented process improvement mind-set and able to deal with and anticipate change.
- Ability to deliver continual process improvement.
- Post graduate experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm and/ or relevant corporate or business finance role in a complex, multinational corporation.
- Experience within an insurance organisation of financial reporting
- Proven capability of managing a large financial reporting team with multiple functions
- Finance project or transformation experience
- Technical accounting expertise with understanding and interpretation of accounting policies under US GAAP and IFRS
- Fluent in English and knowledge of French an advantage
- Graduate Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Prior work experience in a multinational organisation with varied geographical location and matrix reporting structure preferred
Date de publication
Personne à contacter