Financial Reporting Manager (Insurance sector)
Core Purpose of the Role:
- Manage the internal and external financial reporting
- Preparation of the Board reporting including
- Quarterly financial reports preparation and presentation to the Board
- Annual financial statements including all supporting documentation and coordination of the external audit signoff process
- Support the transformation of the Controlling teams to achieve –
- Increased data quality in the ledgers to reduce manual intervention
- Process consistency and effectiveness across all branches
- Drive the performance of the Finance Centre located in Asia
- Build out ledger based management reporting capabilities, including
- Working with FP&A, Business Partners and Actuarial to drive internal and external reporting consistency, in particular around stat/GAAP reconciliation and underlying analytics
- Contribute to budget and forecast process to ensure consistency and accuracy across stat and GAAP bases
- Coordinate Solvency II reporting and Regulatory reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of country statutory returns across the region including communication with local finance teams, outsourced professional service firm (EY) and the Finance Centre.
- Key contact point for External Audit (PWC), Actuarial, Risk and Tax teams for all financial reporting topics and issues.
- Financial Acumen and Technical Skills: Strong background in financial reporting under IFRS and US GAAP. Experience in accounting policy interpretation and compliance, preparation of financial statements and performing analysis of the results. Knowledge of Lux GAAP and/or European GAAP required.
- Analytical skills: Well developed analytical skills ability to review and analyse financial data and explain results to senior management. Ability to concisely communicate technical points to numerous stakeholders across varied locations
- Managerial Leadership/Building Skills: Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure. Ability to mentor, coach and develop key staff. Ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to motivate the team during periods of uncertainty and/or change.
- Leadership: Strong communications skills and leadership qualities to lead a team whilst executing on multiple deliverables.
- Possessing an execution oriented process improvement mind-set and able to deal with and anticipate change.
- Post graduate experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm and/ or relevant corporate or business finance role in a complex, multinational corporation.
- Experience within an insurance organisation of financial reporting
- Proven capability of managing a large financial reporting team with multiple functions
- Finance project or transformation experience
- Technical accounting expertise with understanding and interpretation of accounting policies under US GAAP and IFRS
- Fluent in English and French
- Graduate Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Prior work experience in a multinational organisation with varied geographical location and matrix reporting structure preferred
Date de publication
Personne à contacter