Network Business Development Manager
The BDM Network ensures the implementation of the sales strategy, determined by Sales & Network Manager, looks for and proposes new potential network partners within the defined application areas (Cities and Municipalities , Industry), maintains and follows up the current network partners in order to optimize sales volumes and margins within the defined geographical area.
The position is based in the UK.
The BDM Network is responsible for his/her area which encompasses an independent field sales force of network partners.Follow up of targeted distribution channels and network partners, along with their people,services,pricing,competitors and positioning . Accessing local sales channels by making regular sales calls with each, and drafting and implementing a business development plan for the Territory as a whole and the Network in particular. Actively participating in helping close large jobs and converting big customers in close collaboration with the Sales & Network Manager and the dedicated European Business Development Manager (eg. Last Mile ).
1. Region’s Sales Revenue
• Manage the region to achieve/exceed the yearly budgeted sales revenue in turnover and volume .
• Select the most instrumental network partners to meet company’s market coverage and distribution needs.
• Report monthly, quarterly and yearly sales forecast by product and customer using existing CRM tools amongst them Pipedrive.
2. Sales Channel Management
• Advise on resources needed for intended budget (Marketing , fairs and exhibitions, developments,…)
• Expand and coordinate network partner efforts in line with corporate strategy.
• Develop and implement specific action plans for each network partner.
• Provide budget / Marketing plan per Network channel ( Cities / Industry)
• Increase Addax’ market visibility by regular meetings and joint visits at end customers of partner network
• Prepare tenders ,commercial and technical presentations, demo’s etc. in close collaboration with our customer base
• Establish and control sales and merchandising budgets (marcomplan) for all activities in the region.
• Assist in collecting accounts receivable when necessary.
• Monitors competitor policy, pricing and field sales activity.
• Manage pricing / offers in line with Sales / Network Managers’ guidelines.
• Maintain good working rapport with our credit, field technical, customer service, warranty service, roof solutions and technology departments with customer needs and technical feedback.
• Update Pipedrive on weekly basis (leads, deals, new contacts, accounts).
• Prepare monthly reporting.
4. Special Projects as required
1. Driven by results Being driven to successfully achieve the predetermined results within the appointed time and with the provided resources. You take initiative to set up targeted actions.
2. Flexible customization The ability to continuously adapt your behaviour and approach to the changing situation and setting to accomplish the predetermined purpose.
3. Contributing to change Recognizing and supporting the need for change. You take initiative and implement the changes.
4. Creative thinking and customization Presenting new and original ideas, creating concepts and propose innovative solutions which are suitable for clients or the organization.
5. Analysing thoroughly The ability to systematically examine data, make connections and ask concrete questions to estimate the situations correctly.
6. Networking Building and maintaining relationships with people, in- and outside the organization, who will contribute to reaching our goals and can create a competitive advance.
7. Thinking and acting customer-oriented Thinking and operating from the attention to the needs and wishes from internal and external clients.
Required Education / experience and Technical skills
Bachelor’s degree required , preferably in a commercial / technical field .
Knowledge of distribution channel management ( Automotive , Materials Handling Equipment, Lawn & Mowing or agricultural equipment)
5 years progressively responsible experience in Sales, Marketing,Engineering or Manufacturing .
Mature mindset .
Eager to learn. Autonomous and well organized. Presentation skills.
Knowledge of MS Office, CRM package.
Languages : English , other languages are a plus.