Regulatory reporting Accountant (Insurance industry)
Core Purpose of the Role: The role supports the preparation of all regulatory reporting compliance (Solvency II, Solvency I, Branch Reporting, Trade bodies and associations).
- Responsible for the production of all quarterly and annual regulatory reporting requirements, including ad-hoc information requests or queries relating to prior submissions
- Responsible to deliver Solvency I and Solvency II compliance within the reporting timeline.
- Responsible to meet all other regulatory filings required for a LUX regulated company including EU branch reporting and trade bodies and associations
- Assists data governance audits, internal audits (including FCU and SOX), external audits and supports communication with the Luxembourg Commissariat aux Assurances. (CAA)
- Provide technical reporting requirements support to legal and compliance team
- Prepare and work to the overall reporting plan, governance and stakeholder management. Work closely with the FC team to timely production of the regulatory returns
- Support regular Regulatory Reporting Manager to provide feedback and assist with training of the FC team
- Prepare analytical reviews on judgements and assumptions used for the regulatory reporting. Support development and maintenance of policies and methodologies used to prepare the regulatory reporting.
- Implement best practices and ensure effective and efficient processes are in place.
- Suggest improvements in the reporting process and work closely with the project team to implement changes
- Regulatory Acumen and Technical Skills: Strong background in regulatory reporting under US GAAP/LUX GAAP/IFRS/Solvency II /Solvency I. Experience in interpretation of regulatory reporting requirements, preparation of regulatory returns and performing analysis of the results including regulatory capital calculations.
- Analytical skills: Well developed analytical skills ability to review and analyse regulatory reported data and explain results to senior management. Ability to concisely communicate technical points to numerous stakeholders across varied locations.
- Team Skills: Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure. Ability to deal with ambiguity and to perform as part of a team during periods of uncertainty and/or change.
- Possessing an execution oriented process improvement mind-set and able to deal with and anticipate change.
- Post graduate experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm and/ or relevant corporate or business finance role in a complex, multinational corporation.
- Proven regulatory reporting experience within an insurance organisation.
- Strong accounting technical knowledge in US GAAP/LUX GAAP/IFRS/Solvency II /Solvency I Technical accounting expertise with understanding and interpretation of accounting policies under US GAAP and IFRS
- Fluent in English and French an advantage
- Graduate Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Previous experience within multinational environment and working across cultures and matrix reporting structure preferred
- Strong communication & presentation skills, written and verbal
Date de publication
Personne à contacter