Regulatory Reporting Manager (Insurance industry)
Core Purpose of the Role: The role is responsible to manage the Solvency II Reporting process and team leads to deliver and meet all regulatory reporting compliance (Solvency II, Solvency I, Branch Reporting, Trade bodies and associations).
- Technical and process scoping of all regulatory reporting requirements, including, but not limited to, Solvency II, Solvency I, branch reporting, trade bodies and associations and US regulatory reporting
- Production of all quarterly and annual regulatory reporting requirements, including ad-hoc information requests or queries relating to prior submissions
- Accountable to deliver Solvency I and Solvency II compliance within the reporting timeline.
- Accountable to meet all other regulatory filings required for a LUX regulated company including EU branch reporting and trade bodies and associations
- Managing data governance audits, internal audits (including FCU and SOX), external audits and communication with the Luxembourg Commissariat aux Assurances. (CAA)
- Provide technical reporting requirements support to legal and compliance team
- Responsible for overall reporting plan, governance and stakeholder management. Work closely with the India FC team to timely production of the regulatory returns
- Provide regular feedbacks and train the Finance Center team
- To conduct analytical reviews on judgments and assumptions used for the regulatory reporting including developing and maintaining policies and methodologies to support the regulatory reporting
- Implement best practices and ensure effective and efficient processes are in place.
- Suggest improvements in the reporting process and work closely with the project team to implement changes
- Regulatory Acumen and Technical Skills: Strong background in regulatory reporting under US GAAP/LUX GAAP/IFRS/Solvency II /Solvency I. Experience in interpretation of regulatory reporting requirements, preparation of regulatory returns and performing analysis of the results including regulatory capital calculations.
- Analytical skills: Well developed analytical skills ability to review and analyse regulatory reported data and explain results to senior management. Ability to concisely communicate technical points to numerous stakeholders across varied locations.
- Managerial Leadership/Building Skills: Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure. Ability to mentor, coach and develop key staff. Ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to motivate the team during periods of uncertainty and/or change.
- Leadership: Strong communications skills and leadership qualities to lead a team whilst executing on multiple deliverables.
- Possessing an execution oriented process improvement mind-set and able to deal with and anticipate change.
- Post graduate experience in a “Big 4” accounting firm and/ or relevant corporate or business finance role in a complex, multinational corporation.
- Regulatory reporting experience within an insurance organisation.
- Proven capability of managing a regulatory reporting team with multiple functions
- Strong accounting technical knowledge in US GAAP/LUX GAAP/IFRS/Solvency II /Solvency I Technical accounting expertise with understanding and interpretation of accounting policies under US GAAP and IFRS
- Fluent in English and French
- Graduate Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Previous experience within multinational environment and working across cultures and matrix reporting structure preferred
- Strong communication & presentation skills, written and verbal