Risk Identification and Assessment
- Driving the analysis and reporting of operational risk events to ensure they are accurately captured, investigated (root cause analysis) and where appropriate, corrective action taken.
- Involvement in ad-hoc controls testing and risk assessments to analyse the effectiveness of the control framework and where required, recommending enhancements to the control framework.
- Overseeing the completion of risk mitigation actions and positively contributing to the development of our client’s risk culture.
- Collaborate with business units to understand their drivers, concerns and key risks.
- Supporting trend analysis of operational risk events across our client and undertaking deep-dive investigations into material issues as agreed with the Risk Manager.
New Business Assessment
- Undertake analysis of new business applications from the business to identify, document and ensure the management of associated risks and to ensure that all new business on-boarded is aligned with our client’s risk appetite.
- Involvement in the administration of the new business process including the New Business Committee.
- Timely update the new business tracker.
- Maintain new business due diligence files.
- Monitor risk mitigation activity and ensure action points associated with new business mandates are progressed in a timely manner.
Risk Framework and Administration
- Support the evolution of our client's Risk Management Framework, policies and reporting mechanisms through continuous improvement and embracing change.
- Assist the Risk Manager with jurisdictional internal and external risk monitoring and reporting processes.
- Be actively involved in various specific risk workstreams / projects to support the delivery of our client’s Risk Plan.
- Be involved in risk reporting to various Forums including the Risk and Controls Forum, Group Risk and Audit Committee and Jurisdictional Boards in conjunction with the Risk Manager.
- Ownership of various administrative duties to ensure that business as usual is managed, and tasks and queries are managed through to completion.
- 2-3 years’ experience in risk management preferably within the financial services sector.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and relationship driven approach are an essential requirement to develop close working relationships with colleagues and business contacts.
- Quick learner, self-motivated and capable of prioritising and organising workloads.
- Ability to take ownership, be accountable for delivery targets and to demonstrate initiative.
- Analytical approach with good research skills and mind for problem solving / alternative solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and quality standards.
- Strong computer literacy skills are essential and knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. An aptitude for analytics would also be an advantage.
- Fluent in business English both written and verbal.
- University degree or equivalent.
Date de publication
Personne à contacter